Monday 7 February 2011

JULY 2008 (recapping/bit of background)

From:
Sent: 04 July 2008 15:34
To:
Subject: Design workshop/ vision for old trafford

Hi, my name is Jo and I am a tenant on the Tamworth Estate in Old Trafford. I have been trying to get local people involved in shaping their futures here and asking what matters to them. I have worked quite closely with Charlotte Woodward from Trafford Housing Trust. I submitted 5 applications for a Community Grant but unfortunatley none were approved this time around.
I am a keen environmentalist with a particular passion for grass roots projects that reflect the needs of the local community, for capacity building with locals and for improving the quality of life for all, a major concern at this time is fuel poverty. I would love an opportunity to discuss some of these issues with you. I had hoped to attend the meeting on Mon 30th at St. Brides Church, however a minor medical emergency arose and I was unable to get there. I am working on the 9th July until 9pm, what time is the design meeting taking place. I am desperate to get involved.
Please advise me as to how I can best acheive this.
I look forward to meeting you and to finding out what Urbed are all about.
I have encosed the following information for your perusal, energy efficiency has become a hobby.


www.genasyspowersystems.co.uk June - August 2005 - Bradford West City Community Housing Trust - Five vertical axis grid connected wind turbines are currently being installed in Bradford on top of five thirteen storey residential tower blocks in Bradford. The Carbon Trust funded project aims to demonstrate the technical viability of installing and operating wind turbines on high-rise buildings.

Bradford West City Community Housing Trust (BWCCHT) manages a large portfolio of tower blocks in Bradford in three varieties - 'Y' blocks, 'H' blocks, and Court blocks - all due for refurbishment. Sustainable energy is high on the Trust's agenda and prominent roof-mounted wind turbines will make a strong visual statement of the comprehensive energy upgrade undertaken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment